Research consistently demonstrates that highly engaged employees are instrumental in the health of the team and critical to the performance of an organization. When people experience a meaningful partnership with their manager and their team they are likely to be more productive, be more creative and to feel more engaged.
This two-week program will provide you with a grounding in the core elements that drive effectiveness in leading people & teams and will build skills around the most important people management practices that people leaders need to have to drive great performance.
Together we’ll explore the most important insights and practices that underpin great management and team leadership and identify ways to integrate these into your own personal leadership practice.
Course taught by expert instructors
Partner at Oxegen Consulting, LLC
Stuart Crabb is a Partner at Oxegen Consulting LLC, where he and Sara Sperling have advised more than 100 high growth startups. Previously, Stuart led Talent Development at Yahoo! and at Meta (Facebook). At Meta, he built the company’s now famous strengths-based, high-performance strategy and the launch of it’s widely acclaimed new hire, manager development and leader development programs.
Learn and apply skills with real-world projects.
People who are new to managing or have recently returned to managing
Managers who are interested in a refresher of key principles
Future leaders who are interested in learning more about this topic
Dedication to and enthusiasm for developing your leadership skills
Openness to giving and receiving feedback
Enthusiasm for working with and learning from others
Readiness to actively participate and engage
Commitment to confidentiality
Try these prep courses first
- Module 1
- Identify the key practices the best people leaders use to lead a team well.
- Explore how mindset and the role of the leader affects how you show up & are received by others.
- Understand how leading is different from managing and how to effectively integrate both.
- Identify how to build a hypothesis for each person on your team which will help guide the way you lead them.
- Identify the practices a people leader uses to create and reinforce trust with others.
- Understand how to practice vulnerability as a bridge to trust and safety.
- Explore how to use empathy as a powerful and practical way to build effective relationships.
- Examine how fundamental psychological safety is to people and teams.
- Module 3
- Understand employee engagement & the best practices people leaders use to build highly engaged, high performing teams.
- Develop a strengths mindset and understand how to integrate it into everyday performance management practice.
- Explore the Performance Management cycle and the people leader’s role at each stage, including how to set effective goals, manage the weekly check-in and lead a development conversation with a colleague.
- Explore the elements that build highly engaged teams, and the best practices people leaders create to enable them.
- Understand the importance of showing care to the team and each person through effective personalized recognition.
- Explore the Shadow of the Leader principle and develop a mindset and ideas for leading others that is values driven and demonstrates personal accountability.
- Develop a personal leadership credo to define the kind of leader you wish to be.
A course you'll actually complete. AI-powered learning that drives results.
Transform your learning programs with personalized learning. Real-time feedback, hints at just the right moment, and the support for learners when they need it, driving 15x engagement.
Live courses by leading experts
Our instructors are renowned experts in AI, data, engineering, product, and business. Deep dive through always-current live sessions and round-the-clock support.
Practice on the cutting edge
Accelerate your learning with projects that mirror the work done at industry-leading tech companies. Put your skills to the test and start applying them today.
Flexible schedule for busy professionals
We know you’re busy, so we made it flexible. Attend live events or review the materials at your own pace. Our course team and global community will support you every step of the way.
Each course comes with a certificate for learners to add to their resume.
15-20x engagement compared to async courses
Support & accountability
You are never alone, we provide support throughout the course.
Get reimbursed by your company
More than half of learners get their Courses and Memberships reimbursed by their company.
Hundreds of companies have dedicated L&D and education budgets that have covered the costs.