Managing High-Trust Remote Teams
This course covers trust, its role in high-performing teams, and how to build this in a remote-first world. The course is designed to help you reflect and refine the way you show up as a leader, the type of culture you build, and ultimately, help you help your team reach a new level of performance. You’ll walk away with an appreciation for the importance of this work with several practical techniques and practices to fold into your tool chest to help your team achieve its full potential.
Course taught by expert instructors
Sr. Development Manager at Shopify
Jesse is a Sr. Engineering leader at Shopify, where he supports several teams. Before that he worked with multiple teams as a consultant to help them ship more, better and faster. Authored Embracing Uncertainty, offering practical tips and techniques for building and maintaining high-performing teams. Recently spoke at QCon SF and Gartner's Apps Summit on remote team leadership. More details, and ongoing thinking, can be found on his website and blog.
Learn and apply skills with real-world projects.
Experienced leaders figuring out how to navigate our new digital-first world and help their teams regain some of the lost cultural identity.
New leaders who are looking to rapidly expand their tool chest with techniques necessary in remote, that's just as valuable in-person.
Dedication and enthusiasm for developing your skills
Openness to giving and receiving feedback
Readiness to actively participate and engage
Commitment to confidentiality
This course is practice based - having a team will help with that!
Try these prep courses first
- Learn the Significance of Trust
Learn about Authentic Leadership
- Grasping the weight of trust in remote-first teams
- Recognizing the crucial role of social trust
Learn to Build Deep Trust
- Identifying the hallmarks of a genuine leader
- Appreciating the central role in fostering trust
- Acknowledging its amplified importance in remote teams
Practice the Trust-First Approach
- Uncovering the influence of authenticity in establishing trust among remote teams
- Delving into profound trust-building strategies
- Exploring the concepts of vulnerability, empathy, and active listening
- Emphasizing the importance of fun and strategies to incorporate it
- Encouraging genuine conversations
- Unveiling the complete human persona in a safe environment
- Learn the Art of Facilitation
Learn about Space Creation and the Influence of Default Practices
- Mastering essential facilitation skills for leaders
- Fostering environments for open dialogue
Learn to Foster Healthy Conflict
- Unraveling the concept of 'space creation' within a team and its significance in trust-building
- Identifying strategies to drive and enhance team performance
- Delving into the impact of default practices on work, planning, and culture
Learn Innovative Default Practices
- Understanding the elements that contribute to constructive conflict
- Recognizing the role of conflict in sparking innovation
- Examining how conflict can bolster decision-making
- Investigating the effect of conflict on fortifying team connections and trust
- Exploring 'Problem Pairing' and its ability to amalgamate several practices for impactful results
A course you'll actually complete. AI-powered learning that drives results.
Transform your learning programs with personalized learning. Real-time feedback, hints at just the right moment, and the support for learners when they need it, driving 15x engagement.
Live courses by leading experts
Our instructors are renowned experts in AI, data, engineering, product, and business. Deep dive through always-current live sessions and round-the-clock support.
Practice on the cutting edge
Accelerate your learning with projects that mirror the work done at industry-leading tech companies. Put your skills to the test and start applying them today.
Flexible schedule for busy professionals
We know you’re busy, so we made it flexible. Attend live events or review the materials at your own pace. Our course team and global community will support you every step of the way.
Each course comes with a certificate for learners to add to their resume.
15-20x engagement compared to async courses
Support & accountability
You are never alone, we provide support throughout the course.
Get reimbursed by your company
More than half of learners get their Courses and Memberships reimbursed by their company.
Hundreds of companies have dedicated L&D and education budgets that have covered the costs.