Introduction to SRE with Google
Discover the world of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) with Google in this beginner-friendly course. Whether you have a background in IT or not, you'll gain a deep understanding of the SRE role's intent and scope. Dive into your service's environment, learn to set Service Level Objectives (SLOs), and measure your responsibilities effectively. Identify and utilize basic metrics, master monitoring, and alerting, and gain the tools to troubleshoot services efficiently.
Brought to you by
Course taught by expert instructors
Site Reliability Engineer, Google
Salim Virji develops reliable engineering practices and processes for Google’s SRE organization, and has built consensus and storage products for Google infrastructure. Salim’s interests include distributed systems and machine learning. He has contributed to several books on SRE, including The Site Reliability Workbook and Implementing Service Level Objectives. Salim received an AB in Classics from the University of Chicago and is a New York City Master Composter.
Learn and apply skills with real-world projects.
This course is for people with a general interest in Site Reliability Engineering, whether or not they have any formal background in information technology
Comfort with high-school level algebra
Try these prep courses first
- Understand the intent and scope of the Site Reliability Engineering role
- Describe systems and software from the perspective of an SRE
- Identify useful metrics for understanding these systems
- Understand your environment - do you know what you're responsible for?
- Service Level Objectives (SLOs) - can you measure what you're responsible for?
- Describe the Service Level Objective for a real-life service
- Choose the metrics to express the SLO
- Create a report for this SLO
- Build your understanding and use of metrics to monitor and alert on conditions in a service
- Decide between good and bad alerting
- Use metrics to debug your service
- Monitoring and alerting - what data do you have about your services?
- Effective troubleshooting - what tools do you have to debug your services?
- Create a dashboard for a service, using metrics you have chosen
- Write an alert for this service
- Use these dashboards and alerts as building blocks for communication
A course you'll actually complete. AI-powered learning that drives results.
Transform your learning programs with personalized learning. Real-time feedback, hints at just the right moment, and the support for learners when they need it, driving 15x engagement.
Live courses by leading experts
Our instructors are renowned experts in AI, data, engineering, product, and business. Deep dive through always-current live sessions and round-the-clock support.
Practice on the cutting edge
Accelerate your learning with projects that mirror the work done at industry-leading tech companies. Put your skills to the test and start applying them today.
Flexible schedule for busy professionals
We know you’re busy, so we made it flexible. Attend live events or review the materials at your own pace. Our course team and global community will support you every step of the way.
Each course comes with a certificate for learners to add to their resume.
15-20x engagement compared to async courses
Support & accountability
You are never alone, we provide support throughout the course.